Oboe Repair Services
Instrument Repair Services at Midwest Musical Imports
A Note from Eric
We are pleased to offer repair services for musical instruments. Midwest Musical Imports employs three full-time repair technicians. We will do our best to turn around smaller repairs quickly. If you have an emergency repair, please call us at (800) 926-5587 for time, cost, and availability of rush services.
For years, we have been known for specializing in oboe repair, bassoon & English horn repair, but we want you to know that we are also equipped to handle clarinets, flutes, and saxophones. We have also set up a blog with repair and maintenance advice so you can keep your instrument in the best condition between regular servicing.
—Eric Anderson, Head Repair Technician
Here are a few highlights that we’re celebrating in our repair department:
- Our shop is now home to 5 full-time technicians! We welcomed Caleb Rasmusson and Allen Mannes to our staff this summer. With an expanded repair shop, we are able to offer high quality repairs at a faster rate of return. We look forward to introducing our new technicians to you as you call to schedule repairs or stop by to leave your instruments in our care.
- We are now offering daily walk-in repairs! We recognize that convenient access to a knowledgeable woodwind repair staff is important to you, and we look forward to seeing our local customer base and visitors as you need our expertise. These Convenience Walk-In Repairs will be limited to one hour maximum bench time. We’re confident that when you do need more work done to your instrument than a ‘quick fix’, there are ample options to help get you back into practice, rehearsals and performances with ease!
- Our Appointment System has proved to be a great way for busy players to plan repairs in advance. Tori, our Clarinet Specialist and Repair Scheduling Coordinator, would be happy to find an appointment availability that works for you! We have recently added additional appointment slots, so please call in to see what dates are available and how to reserve your bench time.
- The Regular Repair Queue is still up and running! Because of our five technicians, our rolling repair wait time is another timely option when getting your instrument serviced. Our appointment system and regular repair queue are the most cost effective way to have your instrument repaired at MMI. Call for details about our current wait time.
- Should the unforeseen happen, we may be able to take on Rush Repairs at an emergency rate. We care about your education, careers, performance schedules and passion for the arts. When you need immediate service, don’t hesitate to call and see what options we can provide! Please note that emergency work including body restoration, crack pinning and key maintenance may be a multiple day process.
Do you need to ship your instrument to us for repair? Never fear, we ship instruments every day safely and can help you make sure your instrument arrives to us safely. Here are our pointers for safely packing your instrument for shipping.